Although the national licences allow operation of the specified equipment throughout Australia each state has different methods of licencing. It is a good idea to refer to your states WHS/OHS bodies website.

  • Comcare Australia
  • Safe Work Australia
  • Queensland Workplace Health and Safety
  • Safetyline - WorkSafe Western Australia
  • Victorian WorkCover Authority
  • Workplace Standards Tasmania
  • WorkCover Corporation of South Australia
  • SafeWork SA

Please note that the log book system has been phased out. Applicants for High Risk Work licences must first be enrolled in the mandated course by an RTO. It is not possible to do the licence assessment only.

Operating unlicensed is not only a breach of the WHS/OHS regulations but is will also negate your insurance policies.

In regards to Refresher Training Australian Standard AS2359 Part2 specifies that an employer should provide regular refresher training.